The WINDS-Caribe project aims at deepening strategic R&D cooperation between Europe and the Caribbean through a structured dialogue with main ICT stakeholders from the two regions.
The WINDS-Caribe project aims at contributing to the building of a cohesive Information Society in the Caribbean region by deepening strategic cooperation between Europe and the Caribbean in ICT research; it aims at involving Caribbean actors in a multinational community that involves all the relevant stakeholders (researchers, policy makers, users) that deal with ICT research and that defines the key issues on which cooperation should focus through an open consultation process.
The project's objectives are:
- To build the observation and analysis capacity required to identify issues of common benefit on which EU-Caribe collaboration should focus and excellence actors from the Caribbean region be involved in EU-funded research;
- To guarantee that information on and results of European ICT research are shared, disseminated, adapted and transferred to a number of research, policy and practice actors dealing with technology applications in the Caribbean region;
- To build a web-based collaborative environment for high-level research, industry and government administrators, civil society, the research community at EU and Caribe;
- To raise awareness of policy makers in the EU and in the Caribbean about ICT research cooperation and results and facilitate dialogue among policy makers, companies, civil society and the research community;
- To establish, through an open consultation mechanism, a roadmap for future technology research in a EU-Caribe long-term collaboration perspective.
The project complements a project named WINDS Latin America, that run the same activities focusing on the Latin American region.
Services by SCIENTER:
Further to the general support to project management and promotion, SCIENTER is involved in the aspects related to the mapping activity of the project, as well as to the support to the realization of the project's virtual community.